Update on Stanley (rescue)

If you have recently taken in a rescue Schnauzer or rehomed a Schnauzer and need some advice, then please feel free to ask here. Whether it be about integrating your new dog into your home, health or behavioural issues, someone is sure to be able to help.
Cristatus
Puppy
First Name: Neil
Dog #1: Libby
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 05 Nov 2004
Dog #2: Stanley
is a: P/S Mini Dog
Born: 05 May 2014

Re: Update on Stanley (rescue)

Post by Cristatus »

So a long time has passed since my last post on Stanley so here we go with an update in April 2015.

He has been with us since July, and will be a year old early in May. He settled very well with our 11 year old Standard Libby.

I said he was a reject and people have interpreted this in different ways, what I meant was that the person who bought him from a puppy farm rejected him. The story was he was too boisterous for their 12 month old King Charles Spaniel and the breeder they bought him from would not return their calls when they tried to arrange to return him. So he was not a reject from the puppy farm but was rejected by his first owner.

The original owner did not know whether he was a standard or a mini (not a good sign for a new dog owner) he turned out to be a Mini although he is at max height for the breed standard and therefore looks lanky against other Mini Schnauzers.

He has a very friendly character and is eager to meet and play with all dogs and people. A very different character to our Standard Libby, who takes time to warm to new people and dogs, she is particularly wary of men which is odd as she grew up with a household of 4 men and one woman.

He goes to training at Charlie's dog training at Soham which is a fantastic centre. Libby also still goes at 11 years old on a different day and still enjoys agility and gun dog work.

So we are very pleased we rescued Stanley and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

He and Libby get on very well and he has learnt a lot from her, interestingly it seems only the good bits.

I will post some more photos when I remember how to.
Cristatus
Puppy
First Name: Neil
Dog #1: Libby
is a: P/S Std Bitch
Born: 05 Nov 2004
Dog #2: Stanley
Born: 05 May 2014

Post by Cristatus »

So have now remembered how to upload new photos. Here is Stanley in the foreground with Libby behind, this makes Stanley look almost as big as her. They are on a boat on a canal in the Camargue (South of France). They both enjoy the experience regularly and Stanley will make his third trip to France in a couple of weeks. They both travel well in the car. They will both be groomed next week and I will post some more photos then.

GaryThomlinson
First Name: Gary
Dog #1: Penny
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 20 Mar 2013
Dog #2: Daisy (Rescue)
is a: P/S Mini Bitch
Born: 28 Aug 2006

Post by GaryThomlinson »

Lovely photo.
Gary
Gina

Post by Gina »

He is one well travelled boy :) it is lovely to see these photos of rescue pups enjoying their lives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
BeeBee
First Name: Janetta

Post by BeeBee »

Great photo, and lovely update. I'd like to visit the Camargue, its said to be beautiful.
Jasmine (RIP) Renae b.01.11.10, sister to Susie-Belle (RIP), Twinkle (RIP), Cerise & Albert Claude puppy farm rescues, my muses
Creator of Schnauzerfest a good thing made possible by 1000s of good people & dogs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susie-Be ... 0289434936
http://www.janettaharvey.com/
Morgana99
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Alfie
Born: 12 Dec 2007
Dog #2: Duke
Born: 12 Dec 2007

Post by Morgana99 »

Thank you for the update on Stanley. I love to hear positive stories about dogs finding the destinies they deserve. He looks in lovely condition, healthy and happy with his lot. Sounds like he now has an amazing life with lots of stimulation. Great photo of him & Libby :ymhug:
Horace, Bearded Collie X, rescued 1984, left us 1993, aged 15 approx
Eric, Bearded Collie, left us 2002, aged 15.5
Elsie (Vowchurch Belinda Black), Beardie, rescued 1988, left us 2000, aged 13.5
Monty, Patterdale Terrier X, rescued 2003, left us 2012, aged 12 approx
Always in our hearts
Maty
First Name: Kate
Dog #1: Isaura Lucidus
Born: 10 Aug 2011
Dog #2: Darksprite Finn Mac