safe terrace?

Looking after the health and welfare of your Schnauzer can be a full time job. You will find information on neutering, spaying, vaccinations, vet visits, upset tummies, Schnauzer bumps and much more here. Ask a question and someone will have had a similar experience. We also appreciate updates on how your Schnauzer is recuperating. A separate section is dedicated to our older Schnauzers.
Kiolcha
First Name: Chantal

safe terrace?

Post by Kiolcha »

hello
We live on the 6th floor with a very long tiled terrace. There is a gap about 15 cms high beneath the "railing" (actually steel and glass pannels) all along the outer edge of the terrace. We are getting our puppy next month and I am concerned he may try to crawl under the railing to chase pigeons and other birds who are frequent visitors? Does anybody know how big a gap can be considered puppy-proof?
Thank you
Kiolcha (new member)
Dawnspell
First Name: Alison
Dog #1: Barney RIP 8/3/19
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 06 Feb 2013
Dog #2: Jasper
is a: White Mini Dog
Born: 25 Apr 2019

Re: safe terrace?

Post by Dawnspell »

You just never know with puppies. Jasper as a puppy had a small metal type crate that everyone uses for puppies and are considered "safe". He managed to get his bottom jaw through a gap then got his teeth stuck and couldnt move :-o I was there so no harm done but I then had to secure finer holed stiff plastic mesh to the outside so he couldnt do it again. Jasper is known for mischief and managing to get into trouble without even trying though =))
Our first family dog
Barney - Pocketpark Biali Eyebright 6/2/13 - 8/3/19 Gone too soon
Motto for owners who groom their own Schnauzers -"Never mind it'll soon grow back"